Tuesday, November 22, 2005

This week: more free-basing









This week my goals will be to ride twice and spin twice.

The spinning class right now is mainly consisting of long moderate intervals both sitting and standing. (2 min intervals)
I am also doing 5 min hill climbs at a medium to moderate pace. Its good but I still am not motivated and look for excuses for not going, like "but my beer will get warm"

Mountainbiking is basically the fun part. I ride with a couple of people who are generally more fit than myself. I ride for 2-3 hours but the cold air (between -1 and -6) is getting the better of me. It feels like I have a log attached to the back of my bike. Its wet and because the leaves have fallen, it makes for a surprise every corner. The Tuesday rides are at night so that adds to the terror. I have switched to small DH tires to accomodate for the riding mistakes I make due to the above. It helps but also hinders. The tires are pretty heavy making the climbs pretty tough. I have probably added close to 2 pounds to my bike including my light system. Its noticable.

Pic is my commuter bike, readying itself for a long winter of shitty streets and blind drivers.
Other pic is my urban destroyer.

Lets see how this week unfolds...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what i wanna know is where are the freaking fenders on that there commuter?
and the rack for that matter
rodd the year round commuter must know
can i lend ya some
i have lots!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home