update
I am back. Blogging is not my thing. Tough shit for all you blog parasites. Where to begin. Lets start at Utah. Went skiing for 10 days in Utah. Altitude killed me for the first few days. Felt like I was missing a lung. I just couldn't breathe. By the end, I felt much better. Skiing was very intense. Steep, long, and deep. Tonnes of snow. I have carving skis and they don't work so well in fluff. Had a horrible crash on my bad shoulder but it held together. Got back up and was so frigged by the crash that I crashed after 3 or 4 turns right on my shoulder again. Again the shoulder stayed together.
I continued skiing 2 times a week at Fortune and instead of doing spin classes, I bought xcountry skis. I was useless for 2 or 3 outings but am much stronger and coordinated now as I have been doing this 2 to 3 times a week. Great lower/upper body and cardio workout. I have been doing a little snowshoeing but mainly both types of skiing.
I ride to and from work every day except for the odd day where it was just too icy.
Now it is spring and I have lost a bunch of weight, not sure how much as I don't want to be obsessive, but it is noticable.
How? Easy. Stop drinking Beer. Oh and excersise a lot. Oh and change my McDonalds habits. Well that was all hard.
Next plan of attack:
Spring dh and xc ski and a daily ride of 20km, potentially a DH mountain bike race in the snow in a week.
Am I on target?
Kind of yes. I don't feel super fit but I have nothing to base it on. I feel way better then last year already and I have much more drive now.
Lets see what happens.
I continued skiing 2 times a week at Fortune and instead of doing spin classes, I bought xcountry skis. I was useless for 2 or 3 outings but am much stronger and coordinated now as I have been doing this 2 to 3 times a week. Great lower/upper body and cardio workout. I have been doing a little snowshoeing but mainly both types of skiing.
I ride to and from work every day except for the odd day where it was just too icy.
Now it is spring and I have lost a bunch of weight, not sure how much as I don't want to be obsessive, but it is noticable.
How? Easy. Stop drinking Beer. Oh and excersise a lot. Oh and change my McDonalds habits. Well that was all hard.
Next plan of attack:
Spring dh and xc ski and a daily ride of 20km, potentially a DH mountain bike race in the snow in a week.
Am I on target?
Kind of yes. I don't feel super fit but I have nothing to base it on. I feel way better then last year already and I have much more drive now.
Lets see what happens.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home