Tacx is up and running
I finally got the thing to work - sort of. THe instructions may as well be for my car, because they were not helping me with the Tacx. I had to rely on my spidey senses. I got the hardware working and the bike spinning smoothly. That took awhile. Taking a lot of air out of the tire helps a lot (phil) I was donated 2 lovely slightly worn tires from the guys at Tommy and Lefavre and will pop them on for my next proper ride.
I am currently asking a friend of mine to install a new OS for the computer before adding the final part of the puzzle together. I should be in proper motion by Tuesday.
I can't believe how secure the whole trainer feels. I have had experience with a couple different types, but this is by far the best. If only they could hire a proper designer to sort out their instructions...
I am currently asking a friend of mine to install a new OS for the computer before adding the final part of the puzzle together. I should be in proper motion by Tuesday.
I can't believe how secure the whole trainer feels. I have had experience with a couple different types, but this is by far the best. If only they could hire a proper designer to sort out their instructions...

2 Comments:
I figured out the problem with my machine. The little computer device that sits on the handle bars isn't working properly. I'm going to have to get it replaced. Other than that, the set up is working well. I spun for an hour last night at a fixed resistance and was pleasantly suprised at how quiet the device was. My instruction manual begs me to properly inflate the tires. Did you adjust the little knob underneath the roller? It backs off the roller to adjust contact with the tire. Mine needs to be backed up almost all the way to ensure a proper fit. Peace out.
Hey,
I have tried using it with inflated tires but I always feel like my pedal stroke is oval not round.When I deflate them it seems to cure this. I still don't have it hooked up to the computer so its not not working at 100% yet.
Comouter should arrive tonight - I am having an OS installed.
I can't get over how quite it is. Its quite nice after using the 'turbine" turbo last year.
I will soon post some details of my rides.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home