Sunday, January 21, 2007

first of the season

Xcountry skied for the first time this year. It was very strange to attach long thin planks to my feet. I felt so unbalanced.
We took it easy as it was a first ski for almost everyone today. We started with a long easy climb which eventually evened out.
The decent was another story. It was a bobsled of a ride. corners, steep sections, very tight with very few braking areas. I never felt scared but I was slightly concerned about the outcome. Which lucky tree will receive me today? After these series of decents were a few more climbs and finish off with a flat area.

My wax was perfect and my technique wasn't as bad as I thought. My breathing was great and the only pain I really had was in my hips. I have been told this pain will disappear after a few days out.

We were out for a pretty solid 2.5 hours with a couple of short breaks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home