Wednesday January 17
Wednesday, January 17
Road ride --km Tacx
Generally small hills
Average speed 30
Max Speed --km
Duration: 43 +10 min cool down
cadence 99
watt --
Felt terrible. I was erratic, tired and hungry. I think I spun too late (7:45 start) in the evening and I also hadnt had food since 4 in the afternoon. My saddle sores are becomeing a real issue. I have blood blisters. Dont ask me how I found this out. I need to make sure I put the fan on everytime.
Thurday night will be a DH ski night so I will give my gonads a rest.
Road ride --km Tacx
Generally small hills
Average speed 30
Max Speed --km
Duration: 43 +10 min cool down
cadence 99
watt --
Felt terrible. I was erratic, tired and hungry. I think I spun too late (7:45 start) in the evening and I also hadnt had food since 4 in the afternoon. My saddle sores are becomeing a real issue. I have blood blisters. Dont ask me how I found this out. I need to make sure I put the fan on everytime.
Thurday night will be a DH ski night so I will give my gonads a rest.

6 Comments:
yum
Poopy. Keep the region cool, clean, and dry and you'll get over it soon. Clean shorts every time. Could be heat rash, which I experienced for the first time last season. Same treatment either way, no ointments. Fan is essential.
Yeh, its probably heat rash and too little ventilation. Its actually worse today. More blood blisters and rash type skin. I cant close my legs very well.
I was thinking of getting baby powder to help dry it all out, thoughts?
I have never had it this bad before and I don't like it.
thanks Matt.
g
Yeah Greg, sounds like it. Go for the baby powder. It has to dry out. The problem arises when sweat is not allowed to escape your skin pores and it backs up and kinda boils, I think. I found that riding actually helped, as long as there was a proper transmission of sweat - it had a purging effect. As long as you stay clean and dry in between, I think you might benefit from continuing to ride at home. Sweating on the way to work and hanging out in the same boxers or whatever will not help. Do not remove hair in hopes of increasing ventilation! I foolishly tried this and it compounded the problem.
Alright, Off to the powder room for me then. I will probably spin a bit tonight and tomorrow as DH skiing was horrible.
Xcountry skiing with Bas on Sunday should be fun. Give my regions a rest again.
Riding to work and then hang out does agitate them for sure but its not that bad. Actually, I purposely go slow so I don't sweat too much.
I will give riding a go to see if it helps - fighting fire with fire seems to work for forest fire fighters.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home