Death march
Sunday Feb 4
x country skiid with the fit ones. I was already tired from Saturdays ski so I was unsure how I would fare. Surprising I was not bad. I wasn't leading the pack, but I was infront of Candace. This is a huge bonus. We skiied for 2h 45m with a couple of killer climbs that almost made me cry. Death March was not as bad as I thought but it was at the beginning of the ski. Coming down it was another story. THe other hill climb was about the half way mark. This series of climbs took a lot out of me. I lost a lot of ground to the skier in front and I fell 2 times just trying to get up. My technique was not clever nor pretty and this is why I failed.
My wax was perfect for 3/4 of the ski but the last bit my wax was not working for me. THe temp dipped and then so did I.
DH skiing tomorrow.
x country skiid with the fit ones. I was already tired from Saturdays ski so I was unsure how I would fare. Surprising I was not bad. I wasn't leading the pack, but I was infront of Candace. This is a huge bonus. We skiied for 2h 45m with a couple of killer climbs that almost made me cry. Death March was not as bad as I thought but it was at the beginning of the ski. Coming down it was another story. THe other hill climb was about the half way mark. This series of climbs took a lot out of me. I lost a lot of ground to the skier in front and I fell 2 times just trying to get up. My technique was not clever nor pretty and this is why I failed.
My wax was perfect for 3/4 of the ski but the last bit my wax was not working for me. THe temp dipped and then so did I.
DH skiing tomorrow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home