Mad River Glen, Vermont US of eh
We left for Mad River Glen Friday night and made it there in just over 3 hours. Got into our Hotel and enjoyed the Hotel's surplus of crap TV.
We woke to a great serve yourself breaky which was actually fairly healthy. They even had energybars for free.
MRG is famous for two things - Their single seater chairlift and their powder skiing. We got to experience only the chair. The skiing was quite tough. They were hurting for snow and apparently they don't make much snow through the year and they rarely groom the hill. This means that the hill was littlered with bumps. I love bumps but I found them to be slightly daunting. The snow was heavy as it was +5 degrees and just coming off my sickness I wasnt feeling aggressive or strong. Eventually I found my flow and enjoyed the bumps for the last couple of hours of the day.
On our last run, Candace decided to take a slightly different path through the bump-filled trees and got cuaght up in some thin trees throwing her down and hurting her knee. We went to emergency when we got home but the wait was too long and we decided to leave. She will be going to see her doctor on Monday to find out the damage. I suspect a sprain and hopefully thats all. Walking though is a huge chore for her right now. Concerned? Yes. I have torn ligaments in both knees and I know how delicate they can be no matter how tough you are.
Would I return? Sure, but only if I was there during a snow storm. I would go to other hills instead. Stowe and Sugarbush are all just around the bend from MRG.

4 Comments:
Shit. I sure hope its a minor issue. I hope she doesn't have to join the cyborg ranks. Speaking of cyborgs, I'm working on a presentation on a text called "The Cyborg Manifesto" right now, which argues we are already cyborgs, and that's a good thing. I disagree. Resistance is not futile.
Hey M,
I think she will be okay. She doesn't have any weird knee movements and it doesn't seem loose. There is no knocking either so I figure she sprained it. She was better today and she realizes she needs to look after it (she gets a little impatient) so she will rest it all week and see if she up to any sports on the weekend.
She has finally become a newbie member of the Bad Knee Society. (I have been a member since 1985)
g
Bummer about the knee.
She has been to the doc and she will be getting xrays, but she is now walking around almost pain free. I figure the xrays are just to make sure everything is in order.
She has be diagnosed with lack of sleep/too much stress/working too hard. Things must change.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home