Monday, May 14, 2007

Sunday, May 13

Sunday, May 12

Road ride - Pink Lake / Camp fortune reverse loop
Average speed 25km
Max Speed 60km
Distance: 55km
cadence --
watt --- avg
approx 02:00 hours

Ouch. I was stiff and sore all over, probably from the mtb and maybe from being slightly dehydrated. I took it easy on the flats and the decents but attacked each hill I came across. I tried different techniques for climbing. I have been trying to spin more, but I always felt I wasn't getting the power down. I added a gear this time half way up each hill to see what would happen and I ended up almost 2km faster without adding anymore pain. My spin dropped a bit but everything else went up. I started comparing Lances technique to Ullrichs technique. Ullrich had a slow booming powerful spin, while Lance was a hurricane. I will continue to explore where I feel most comfortable.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just back from a BRUTAL Montrose ride

http://www.socalcycling.com/Group%20Rides/frGroupRides.htm

First time I’ve really put my self to the ‘test’ this year and reality sucks! The cheese filled tummy is going, the fitness is returning but I still have to find my race pace legs. Did I mention that it was BRUTAL, cos it really was.

First 52 miles (84Km) of 68 (109Km)
Distance: 52 miles (84Km)
Time: 2:26:28
Average Speed: 21.7 mph (35km)
Average Power: 234 watts
Average Cadence: 89 rpm

I have found that the less fit I am the more the hurricane method hurts, and I sometime fall back on the slow 'boom' utilizing whatever muscle memory and raw power I still have left in this age ravaged body. I am trying to concentrate on the cadence tho'... as I know I can push the big gear ...but If I can spin really fast and build up to pushing the bigger gears as well.. yum fast!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, I have a cheese tummy. In fact, its aged Blue cheese! Interesting you feel the same way about the climbing. I find its very hard to break old habits. Sound like your doing some proper riding though - good distances, pretty fast as well. Are you riding solo?

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home