Tuesday April 24
Tuesday April 24
Road ride - Pink Lake / Camp Fortune loop
Average speed 27km
Max Speed 67km
Distance: 55km
cadence --
watt --- avg
approx --:-- mins
What can I say - this was the hardest ride of the year and probably the most fun. It was hard because of the usual pain I have with riding right now, hills. Adding to the difficulty of those hills were a group of really good riders pushing up the hills. Pink Lake was slow for me this time. I started out at around 17km/hr but by the top I was reduced to a measley 14km/hr. I was sort of pissed at that. That climb left some burn in my legs - enough to make the next few climbs painful. It was when we arrived at the base of the Fortune climb, that I was able to remove the pain from my mind. I still hurt a lot, but metally I just ignored the pain. I was fairly happy with my climb. I have to say though the best part of the ride was when Candace, Mark and myself settled in, we were actually riding pretty well and working together really well. I should have been on the front a bit mre, but in order to survive the pace we were going, I needed to be cautious about how many times I took to the front. I did, but I should have been working more.
It was fun because of the people that I rode with. They are all such fabulous riders and very supportive.
On my way home the cramping I ended up with on Sunday, came back to haunt me. I lost the use of my left leg for a couple of kms. Strange as I drank approx. 20 water bottles since Sunday. I had a massage and noticed that I had two golf ball sized knots in both of my quads. Ouch. It really hurt having them being worked on by a couple of hands.
Road ride - Pink Lake / Camp Fortune loop
Average speed 27km
Max Speed 67km
Distance: 55km
cadence --
watt --- avg
approx --:-- mins
What can I say - this was the hardest ride of the year and probably the most fun. It was hard because of the usual pain I have with riding right now, hills. Adding to the difficulty of those hills were a group of really good riders pushing up the hills. Pink Lake was slow for me this time. I started out at around 17km/hr but by the top I was reduced to a measley 14km/hr. I was sort of pissed at that. That climb left some burn in my legs - enough to make the next few climbs painful. It was when we arrived at the base of the Fortune climb, that I was able to remove the pain from my mind. I still hurt a lot, but metally I just ignored the pain. I was fairly happy with my climb. I have to say though the best part of the ride was when Candace, Mark and myself settled in, we were actually riding pretty well and working together really well. I should have been on the front a bit mre, but in order to survive the pace we were going, I needed to be cautious about how many times I took to the front. I did, but I should have been working more.
It was fun because of the people that I rode with. They are all such fabulous riders and very supportive.
On my way home the cramping I ended up with on Sunday, came back to haunt me. I lost the use of my left leg for a couple of kms. Strange as I drank approx. 20 water bottles since Sunday. I had a massage and noticed that I had two golf ball sized knots in both of my quads. Ouch. It really hurt having them being worked on by a couple of hands.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home