Monday, April 23, 2007

Sunday april 22

Sunday April 22

Mountain bike ride
Kanata Lakes
Average speed --km
Max Speed --km
Distance: 2.5 hours
cadence --
watt --- avg
approx --:-- mins

Fantabulous! After deciding against riding the Roubaix for slightly political reasons - I decided to gather up a clan to hit the trails. We were all a little skeptical about how the conditions would be but I was shocked at how fantastic they were. I can honestly say perfect. No bugs, the ground was dry but not dusty and there were only few swampy areas.

We were all conscious of wanting to to an easy ride, so we did.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROLLING AROUND THE HILLS!
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=888487

I set off to do three climbs today which turned into four.(well 3 3/4)

Mt. Hollywood.
Nichols Cyn. and Mulholland Dr. to Laurel Cyn Pass.
Wonderland Av.
Loma Vista (3/4)

I lost a full water bottle on the second descent, then decided to go up Wonderland Av. a road I had not been up before... turned out to be a brutal 1 mile climb. Then I went to Loma Vista a hard and seemingly endless climb and I only made it 3/4 of the way up before my mind cut out and I turned back down like a lil'pussy.

Maybe it was the lack of water... maybe I'm just a soft git... never the less a good 45 miles.

P.S how do I take this map and turn it into one the 3D thangs' that your fella did for you?

6:53 PM  
Blogger Pascii said...

What are the slightly political reasons why you didn't ride? If you don't mind my asking??

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easy. If I pay money for a race and have to by a licence, I expect certain things back. For a race as tough as this one on parts and bodies, and as its a point to point, I expect them to have a support vehicle. I was told there would not be any support. I just don't buy it. Whats the difference between a group ride and this race? Oh, they give the winner a trophy. Not good enough. So I went to Kanata instead.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home