Sunday, April 08, 2007

Fixed gear bike so far...



I spent all day stripping the frame down to its bare essentials. It literally took 5 hours. I think it looks beautiful now and if I could keep the polished look without it rusting I would, therefore I am now considering my paint options. I can spray it myself, o I can spend money on it. So far I have spent nothing on it but I will be building a nice set of wheels up maybe next weekend. I have some hoops which are Mavic cxp 33's which I will place on Shimano 105's from 1992.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt with the hair said...

Nice work, it looks beautiful. WHat about clear coating it? When the time comes fo me to choose paint for a frame it gonna be so hard...

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clear coat is porous so although it protects from scratches etc. it still lets all that bad air and moisture in. Colours, there are so many wonderful colours out there. I am thinking something like an antique milky pea soup green. I like colours that are unusual but soft. I like diareah brown ochre and burnt umbre. The original Benotto was a gold/pea soup colour so I am leaning toward this but modernizing it a bit.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Matt with the hair said...

I like those hues too. I didn't kow that about clear coat. THere is some treatment that seals though right? I've seen frames intentionally corroded, then coated so that it would not continue.

Im sure whatever you choose will be great. You'll have to post it on FGG for others to enjoy.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have asked about clear coating and no one has told me otherwise, so I will stay away from it.
I think clear coating slows the process but doesn't stop it completely. I like the pure polished look without the rust.

FGG - for sure. I plan to show the transformation from the beginning to the final product. I am addicted to FGG.

g

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home