Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday, April 14

Saturday, April 14
Road ride

Average speed --km
Max Speed --km
Distance: 45
cadence --
watt --- avg

The ride started out fairly well but I made the mistake of eating a delicious breakfast minutes before stretching into my lycra.
Once warmed up we began picking up the pace a bit but on the first basic climb I could feel those eggs trying to hatch inside me. I was struggleing to get a spin. THe faster I spun, the more cramping I had to endure. I was gobbling at my waterbottle to try and help with digestion but it was only adding to the side panel pains. We were getting nearer to the pink lake climb and I was slightly concerned. I was holding pace but Pink lake could be the decision maker on whether my ride would be a good one or bad. As I approached the hill, I was holding a reasonable pace at about 19km/hr but I just couldn't hold it. I ended up settling for about 15km which really pissed me off because it was my food that was holding me back. For the rest of the ride my spin was erratic. Fast and then slow and I was not super comfortable in the cockpit. Once we arrived at the turnaround spot I started feeling better. Although I was attacking every hill up to this point, I felt like wet, soiled bog roll. I continued to attack. I felt better afterall and that was cause for celebration.

Overall it was a mixed up ride. I was still leading the group and hiding the fact that I hurt badly, but continued to fight the pain and eventually won the battle. I will prepare better for tomorrows' ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home