Thursday, April 19, 2007

Wednesday April 18th

Wednesday April 18

Road ride
Pink Lake / Camp Fortune
Average speed 25km
Max Speed 62km
Distance: 46
cadence --
watt --- avg
approx --:-- mins

It was a glorious night for riding. The best day so far this year. Sunny and around 14 degrees.
Overall it was a mixed ride and hard to explain. The pace was slightly faster then I am used to so it hurt more on the hills.
This is due to not having a great fitness level and to being 20 pounds over weight. I can see I am getting smaller in my legs and arms but I just cant lose the gut. I used to be a hill climber and mentally thats what still I am, but when I hit a hill, I get erratic, feel uncomfortable, and am really slow. I hate it. That hate drives me though. Once we reached the flats and rough sections in the road, I was happy to up the pace and felt very comfortable doing so. Near the end of the ride, I felt way better then the start, and I need to find out why. Was it food, warm up, does it take my mind time to get used to pain? Probably all of these examples and more.

It's time to get more consistent with my riding, focus my attention to those hills and weight loss. How does that tart Paris keep thin?

3 Comments:

Blogger Rodd Heino said...

yer old and it takes at least an hour to warm up

1:25 PM  
Blogger croskery said...

yes, grey and wrinkly

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what that skank paris eats... manfat!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home