Monday, May 28, 2007

Saturday May 26th

Saturday, May 26

Road ride - Pink Lake / Fortune loop
Average speed 27km
Max Speed 64km
Distance: 55km
cadence --
watt --- avg
approx 0:00 hours

I started out at a nice leisurely pace, forcing myself to do the climbs at a below 100% effort. Pink lake was 17km/h which was fast for me but I held off a bit. I could have gone a little harder. It was nice to go up that a little relaxed and not maxed out for a change. I did this as I have been having negative thoughts on this climb and wanted to feel more positively about it. I realized why I don't like it - its more of a sprint than a climb. I prefer the longer climb of Fortune as its much longer. I like my rhythm. I again chose to reduce my effort on the Fortune climb. On the way back, I felt really strong and on every hill tried to hold my gears for a little while longer without changing and to my surprise, I was able to it. The last couple of kms to the parking lot I did the usual sprint and felt pretty good. I can't hold my sprint very long so I will try to work on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home