Wednesday, May 23
Wednesday, May 23
Road ride - Pink Lake
Average speed 24km
Max Speed 65km
Distance: 40km
cadence --
watt --- avg
approx 0:00 hours
I changed it up and benefited completely by it. I started the ride very fast and ended up cramping but I drank water and relaxed which helped me with the Pink climb. I refrained from going into the usual gear for high spinning and let it rip. I managed 18.5 km up the climb! This is huge for me. I was flopping around at 15-16km and for me to up the speed that much brought a tear to my eye. The next set of hills I was able to ride up with ease and with extra power at my disposal. I basically felt terrific. The downside to everything is that I have really bad saddle sores again. I can barely sit down.
I got to figure that out.
Road ride - Pink Lake
Average speed 24km
Max Speed 65km
Distance: 40km
cadence --
watt --- avg
approx 0:00 hours
I changed it up and benefited completely by it. I started the ride very fast and ended up cramping but I drank water and relaxed which helped me with the Pink climb. I refrained from going into the usual gear for high spinning and let it rip. I managed 18.5 km up the climb! This is huge for me. I was flopping around at 15-16km and for me to up the speed that much brought a tear to my eye. The next set of hills I was able to ride up with ease and with extra power at my disposal. I basically felt terrific. The downside to everything is that I have really bad saddle sores again. I can barely sit down.
I got to figure that out.

2 Comments:
I can't think why your ass could be hurting so much?!
I had a week off the bike as I've been editing the film... and I feel like crap now! I've been trying to get at least 10hrs a week in on my own, gradually pushing up the tempo as I feel the fitness come and the pounds shed.
I can climb well when not under race pressure... av. about 12mph up a 2400ft 9.5mile section, but when I went out on the Montrose ride (see the link I posted in the other comment) I was struggling up the hills... they were hitting those things at 15-20mph I don't have anything like those legs yet.
I am trying to get out on at least one group ride a week, just for endurance...
ok bubba... back to the edit bay for me! boo!
Hey Hubba Bubba,
My ass is still not smooth - its still sore. I am using baby powder to help with "moisture" It helps.
Sounds like your going up the hill pretty well even if your not happy with your speed right now. It takes a lot of time to get to where you want hey? Its taking me much longer than expected. Age I guess. Even still, I can notice myself getting a bit stronger on those hills. I have a little tiny turbo unit developing. More like a turbo jr.
Group ridesare great. Its a good test. All the people I ride with are better than me so it creates a big goal for me. I may never get to they're level but I will try.
keep it up and maybe one day we will get out for a ride of our own...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home